This line always pisses me off because it always inevitably leads to something like this either from me personally or what I see while listening to or reading such nonsense.
1. There’s NO but. Unless you mean your sorry racist butt.
2. Shut the fuck up.
3. La la la la la laaaaaa
4. Oh. You have statistics to back up the projectile dumb dumb you just spat up?
5. Oh. I need to do my own Googling to find said stats. You’ve misrepresented the stats. Oh. You don’t give a fuck about that. Makes sense.
6. You have black friends so you can’t be racist? Nice.
7. Sorry, wait, do you have black friends that actually claim you or you’re just referring to that guy you knew five years ago?
8. Ohhhh, one of your best friends is [not white] and they’ve never had a problem with you.
9. Apparently, I’m in denial. There’s no such thing as racism! Everyone needs to get over it.
10. THIS IS POLITICAL CORRECTIONESS GONE MAD! FREE SPEECH FOR ALL YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT!!!
11. YOU PEOPLE CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
12. After accusing others of playing the race card you’re…playing the race card. Apparently, white people are actually victims too
because the well documented oppression and racial history don’t count. Got it.
13. The dumb dumb eventually stops replying when confronted with their own stupidity one too many times.
In all seriousness, I think at times, you can expect such nonsense from person A or B, but it’s when it is from someone you know that it really hits you. You’re torn between confronting them and wondering if you’re the reason why they’ve become comfortable enough to say such a thing.
Friends aside, I’m also acutely aware that certain sites are basically no longer censoring hate-speech. Whenever there’s an article on anyone who isn’t white and perfect, there will be racist nonsense in the comments. It’s ALWAYS the same lazy rhetoric. Black people rape and kill more than any other race. All Muslims are evil etc. Just vile, childish nonsense. These people will then insist that they’re not racist – they’re just telling the truth and the ‘truth hurts’.
I’m all for free-speech, but there’s a difference between that and hate-speech. I’m not sure why these racist people believe that they’re so perfect. Or why they expect people to sit down, shut up and allow them to continue belittling others just because they don’t look or act like them.
It’s just bullshit.