I came across Growing Spangs’ October Writing Challenge and thought that I’d give it a try! I probably won’t do all of them, but we’ll see.
15 Interesting Facts About Myself
1. I don’t think I’m particularly interesting. Which I guess is sort of contradictory given that I’m about to list 14 more reasons why I am, but there you have it.
2. I am an introvert. I am sure there are some introverts with exciting lives out there, but mine is pretty boring. The one good thing about being an introvert is that often people aren’t aware that I’m there, so I get a lot of juicy secondhand gossip, advice, tips, entertainment. It’s awesome.
3. I love to write. I will write my novel one day. It’ll probably be about a talking inanimate object but I WILL write it. I am thinking of doing NaNoWriMo this year. I always want to do it but I put it off but…maybe this is the year? Who knows.
4. I can’t help being snarky. I am sure my fellow snarkers get it, but it just comes natural to us. Sometimes I wish I could glue my lips or hands together just to stop myself from making snarky comments BUT PEOPLE MAKE IT SO HARD.
5. I’m a STEM graduate. I’m sure this is interesting to somebody but my bank account cries whenever it thinks about it.
6. I used to sing. Emphasis on ‘USED TO’ because it’s one of those things that I really don’t know how to do anymore. I can carry a tune but I don’t think I can sing a full song. Probably because of the whole introvert thing. In the past I used to write and sing songs with my friend; we’d record them on tapes and they weren’t half bad. Since that point, I’ve written a handful of songs. For whatever reason, music has become more of a distant pasttime now. I still burst into song randomly, but that’s about it.
7. Speaking of music, I have to mention my boybands. Backstreet Boys are my favourite, and I will jam to them until the very end.
8. Still on the topic of music, I’ve had my guitar for almost ten years and all I ever learnt was ONE CHORD. And I don’t remember it anymore. It’s on a bucket/goals list now, but it’s always been something that I really want to know how to do! Other instruments I’ve played were the keyboard and recorder.
9. I am obsessed with buying notebooks, journals, diaries etc. At this point, I am a collector of them. I just have NO IDEA (and also lack patience) what to write in them.
10. I’m really bad at games. Seriously bad. If it doesn’t involve matching, words or numbers then it’s guaranteed that I will be horrible at it.
11. I like purple a lot.
12. I amuse myself far more than I ought to. But hey, if you can’t make yourself laugh, who can?
13. I don’t think any of these facts are interesting at all. And I’m saying this because I’m running out of facts. Technically, that is also a fact.
14. I have a growing interest in Psychology. Maybe I can get my Dr Phil on and have my own TV show one day? Dr Snark? That already sounds like a shockingly bad idea. Cast it out of your minds immediately.
15. I think the world has become far too social media and celebrity-obsessed, too vapid, too fickle and people are becoming far too ignorant. And I think this is having a negative effect on mental health in society. So, hopefully somebody out there saves us from ourselves!
That last fact got a little deep but I was running out of ideas. I know, I know, I’m about as interesting as a slice of bread.