- Residents complained for YEARS.
- £1m renovations were carried out. It’s believed that cheap materials used to clad the building contributed to the spread of the fire.
- This happened in the richest borough in London – shameful.
- An investigation is under way but this wouldn’t have happened had they heeded the warnings given to them multiple times
- Did I say heartbreaking? 😢
There are no words for this kind of incident. As of writing 17 people are dead but given that hundreds of people lived in the building and that it happened at around 1am onwards… there will most likely be more fatalities.
… It’s just extremely sad.